• visit or shop with us at our website www.esoouk.com and the websites of our subsidiaries (our “Site”);
• visit or shop with us at our stores;
• use and contribute to social media;
• use our other digital services;
• join our club membership programs;
• apply for a job with us; or
• otherwise engage in with us such as when you make an enquiry or contact us, or participate in a survey, promotion or competition.
2. What is personal information?
Personal information is information that identifies you, or from which your identity can be reasonably determined, and it can include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email, telephone number, date of birth, and gender.
3. What type of personal information do we collect?
We collect information about you directly and from other parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Sites (and other instances where we interact). This may include:
• the types of personal information mentioned in section 2 above;
• information you provide us when shopping on our site or at our stores such as name, payment details, contact details, and details reasonably related to your shopping experience;
• information you provide us when using or contributing to social media or our other digital services such as name, email address or social media account details;
• information you provide us when you join our club membership programs or participate in our offerings;
• information you provide us when you apply for a job with us such as name, contact details, qualifications and experience; and
• any other information you provide us when you submit an enquiry or contact us.
4. Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We collect and use your information, including your personal information, so that we can:
• assist you with your transactions with us;
• tell you about and improve our products, services, and experiences;
• support our business administration and related functions;
• accept/consider job applications, and send you job opportunities that may be of interest to you;
• allow you to join and participate in our club memberships or other reward programs;
• assist with any enquiries you make;
• meet our legal obligations; and
• for other reasons you might reasonably expect us to use your personal information.
Although you do not have to share your personal information with us, without it we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
5. How do we collect your personal information?
5.1 General Collection
We may collect personal information about you during your interactions with us including when you participate in those activities set out in section 1.
5.2 Cookies and other technologies
You can choose to delete cookies that are already on your computer by going to the “settings” section in your browser – this should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Even if you delete cookies from your computer you can still use our Sites, but your user experience may be affected and some features of the Sites may not function.
5.3 Social media and other third-party websites
We also use a number of third-party websites and social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube. We may use information that you make public when you use these services or platforms. The types of information available for our use by us may include images and text relating to us or our products, services, promotions, events, club memberships and club cards.
You may be able to access other third-party websites through our websites. Your use of these third-party websites is governed by their own policies. You should make sure that you have read and understood these policies. We may have arrangements in place with those third parties that allow us to collect or have access to the information that you share with them. We will not enhance the information that they hold about you.
5.4 In-store surveillance
Our stores and other premises have video surveillance cameras that monitor and help to facilitate the safety and security of those premises, our team members, customers and other members of the public. We do not share these recordings with any third-party organisations except where we are required to by law. Cameras are not placed in areas of our premises that would unreasonably intrude on the privacy of individuals.
6. How do we use your personal information?
6.1 General use
We may use your personal information to communicate with you, including to:
• fulfil orders for purchases you make with us;
• provide you with details about our club memberships or other offers;
• respond to enquiries you make with us;
• deal with complaints or requests you may inform us of;
• suggest jobs you may be interested in, as well as review and progress job applications you make to us.
6.2 Direct marketing
We will only use your personal information for direct marketing purposes if you have provided your information to us for that purpose or if you have otherwise consented to us using your information for direct marketing.
If you agree to receive direct marketing communications from us, we may contact you from time to time (such as by mail, telephone, email, SMS, or social media platforms) with information about our (or any of our related companies) products and services as well as those of our business partners, where we think these may be of interest to you.
You can always choose to stop receiving direct marketing communications from us by ‘opting-out’. Our communications with you will include instructions on how to do this, and we will make sure to comply with your request within a reasonable timeframe and as required by all applicable laws.
6.3 Analytics and display advertising
We may anonymise and aggregate your personal information with other information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to assist us in determining shopping and purchasing preferences and patterns, and to improve our product and service offerings including as described in section 5 (How do we collect your personal information?) above.
We may share this anonymised data with our trusted third-party providers, including online advertisement networks (such as those operated by Google), social media platforms or other third-party services, in order to provide insights about customer behaviour and also to identify and present display advertising to particular target audiences.
6.4 Sharing your personal information
In some cases, we may need to disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions or services in connection with our business (such as delivery; product repair or recall; payment processing; marketing; surveys; banking; mailing functions; gateway provision; insurance; document management; information technology services including data storage, hosting and security; employment matters; for the operation of our websites) or where we are otherwise required to do so by law.
We may also disclose your personal information to our related companies, and to other third parties where you have specifically consented to that disclosure.
6.5 Overseas disclosure of your personal information
Some of our related companies and third-party service providers perform the functions we have engaged them for in overseas locations.
Due to the number of third-party service providers we work with, it is not practicable to provide an exhaustive list of every country where your personal information may be sent. However, it is likely that your personal information will be sent to the following countries: China, Germany, India, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States. We may also disclose your personal information internally within our related companies located in Australia, China, and New Zealand.
We will take reasonable steps in the circumstances for any overseas use or disclosure of personal information to be done in a way that complies with privacy laws and relevant data security industry standards.
7. How do we secure your personal information?
7.1 Our websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites we have no control over and there are always risks in sharing information over the internet. While we take reasonable precautions so that our Sites are hosted and operate securely, you should also take precautions to protect your information. This might include checking that you are accessing a secure server or for the presence of the unbroken key or closed lock symbol generally located either at the bottom left or top right of your browser window. You could also check that your URL is secure by looking for the first characters ‘HTTPS’ (rather than just ‘HTTP’).
7.2 Credit card details
We are also compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) which is an information security standard for organisations that handle credit card data. This means that when you shop with us, both in-store and online, your credit card details will be handled using secure processes. But you should still exercise caution when shopping online, and never enter any credit card details when contacting us via email or through our website “Contact Us” form as in these instances those details will not be protected by encryption.
7.3 Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including by:
• taking measures to protect the physical security of our premises, document management systems, database and records;
• implementing technical measures, such as computer passwords, data back-up and anti-virus software; and
• Taking measures so our team members also adhere to internal information security policies.
We will take all reasonable steps to help keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. If we no longer need your personal information, we will destroy or de-identify it.
7.4 Remaining anonymous
When practicable, you may choose not to identify yourself when dealing with us. You also may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity. However, there may be some instances where we are not able to provide our services if you are anonymous or use a pseudonym.
7.5 Contact Us
If you become aware that your information has been subject to unauthorised access, use or disclosure, you should contact us immediately.
8. How do you access and correct your personal information?
You can access, update or correct any of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Team using the contact details in section 10. Please provide us with enough information, and proof of identity, so we can respond to your request. We will aim to respond to your request within 30 days. If we refuse to comply with your request, we will let you know why.
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about how we handle your personal information please contact us using the details below:
Post: Privacy Team
130 G Block Johar Town, Lahore
If you make a complaint to us about your personal information, we will aim to respond to your complaint within 30 days. Please provide us with enough information so we can respond to your question or concern otherwise we may need to ask you for more information which can delay the process.
If you are not happy with our response, please let us know and we will aim to address any further concerns you have. If you remain unhappy with our response, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commission (OAIC) at www.oaic.gov.au.